Lynn M. Almloff, DAOM, L.Ac., M.Ac. Dipl.OM(NCCAOM)
Dr. Lynn Almloff has been a licensed health care provider since 1979. She has been a Licensed Acupuncturist (L.Ac.) in Virginia since 1997. Dr. Almloff is trained in both the US and China. During her Doctoral training she did externships at Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS) and ShuGuang Hospital affiliated with Shanghai University of TCM in Shanghai,China. Dr. Almloff has 6 years of post graduate education from accredited Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine colleges (Masters and Doctorate degrees combined). She strives to maintain the highest level of training and credentials available in the field of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (AOM). Dr. Almloff was the first person in Hampton Roads to be National Board (NCCAOM) certified in Chinese Herbal Medicine and is the first person in Hampton Roads to hold a Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine degree (DAOM) from an accredited (ACAOM) American college. The DAOM is the highest level of academic achievement available in the United States in the field of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (AOM).
Dr. Almloff is dedicated to the advancement, ethics and safety of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (AOM). She has served three terms as President of the Acupuncture Society of Virginia and two as Virginia representative to the Council of State Associations (American Society of Acupuncturists).. In 2010 and again in 2014 the Virginia Governor appointed Dr. Almloff to the Acupuncture Advisory Board to the Virginia Board of Medicine. The Advisory Board works to protect the public of Virginia in the safe practice of Acupuncture. Dr. Almloff has been a co-investigator of a research study at Eastern Virginia Medical School. She is published in peer reviewed professional journal. She has previously served as a member of the Ethics Committee of the American Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (AAAOM).
Prior to settling in Hampton Roads in 2003, Dr. Almloff practiced Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine in Alexandria, Washington, DC and the San Francisco area (Marin County).
- Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Oregon College of Oriental Medicine (OCOM)
- Master’s of Acupuncture
- Traditional Acupuncture Institute (today is Maryland University of Integrative Health –MUIH)
- Bachelor of Science Dental Hygiene
- Loyola University, New Orleans
Licenses to practice Acupuncture
- Virginia Board of Medicine 1997
- California Acupuncture Board 2000
- National Board Certifications
- Diplomate in Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) 2011
- Diplomate in Chinese Herbs (NCCAOM) 2000
- Diplomate in Acupuncture (NCCAOM) 1997
- President of the Acupuncture Society of Virginia
- 2010- 2014; 1998-2000
- Virginia Representative to the Council of State Association (American Society of Acupuncturists)
- Chair for Acupuncture Advisory Board to the Virginia Board of Medicine
- Vice Chair for Acupuncture Advisory Board to the Virginia Board of Medicine
- Ethics Committee of American Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine